What is Six Month Smiles®?
There is a debate within the orthodontic community that braces are the most widely used and most effective method to give patients straight, healthy teeth and a beautiful smile. Six Month Smiles has taken the best aspects of braces and modified the treatment and the materials to give adults a common-sense, cosmetic solution that fits your lifestyle. Here is what makes Six Month Smiles so innovative …
- Average treatment times of only six months
- Six Month Smiles Lucid-Lok® clear brackets and tooth-colored wires are barely visible
- Use of braces has shown to provide the most conservative and predictable final result
- Six Month Smiles Patient Tray Kits™ ensure that your appointments are fast and comfortable
- Low forces and short overall orthodontic treatment times increase comfort, safety, and hygiene
- Six Month Smiles is typically less expensive than traditional braces, aligner therapy, or veneers
How can teeth be straightened in only six months with adult braces?
The Six Month Smiles technique employs the latest technology and techniques in dentistry to move your teeth quickly and safely with clear adult braces. The key components of the treatment are the use of unique, clear braces and a primary focus of moving the teeth that show when you smile.
Six months sounds good, but will I still have a mouth full of metal braces for the whole time?
No! Six Month Smiles uses clear braces that are barely visible to gently straighten your teeth.
How are Six Month Smiles braces more comfortable than regular braces?
Six Month Smiles uses low force to move teeth gently. Many people think that the accelerated braces treatment means simply “tightening” regular braces to get the teeth moving, but that is not true. Six Month Smiles utilizes standard orthodontic mechanics, but with an emphasis on the cosmetic appearance of your teeth rather than the position of your bite.
What’s the catch?
There is no catch. If you are an adult (16 years and older) with crooked or spaced teeth and you’re not looking for a major alteration to your bite, this could be the solution for you! Most adults ARE candidates for Six Month Smiles.